TREE TRIMMING & PRUNING SERVICE - PROFESSIONAL TREE CARE
Tree Trimming Science
Trimming and pruning your trees is a critical tree care job every property owner should do. However, many, if not most, neglect this healthy and aesthetic task. Trimming and pruning trees helps them grow into, and maintain, their natural shape, and it is also the great tree service technique in keeping them healthy. However, experience and skills are necessary to properly trim and prune trees, especially for more mature, large trees. Virginia Beach Tree has the experience and knowledge to properly trim your trees in accordance with industry guidance (ANSI A300 standards).
In trimming trees, we always start from the crown, or top, of the tree and then work our way down. This is the best technique, both in terms of trimming technique as well as inspecting the tree for health issues. Also, it is generally a good practice to following the third and quarter rules:
- Never trim more than one quarter of the top, or crown, of a tree per season
- Maintain the proportion of side branches being one third smaller than the trunks diameter
- Never trim more than one-third of the tree's height
- Trimming should strive to maintain side branches at a 2 and 10 o'clock position
Tree Trimming Virginia Beach
Further, consider these additional industry standards when selecting a tree trimming company
- When trimming early in a tree's life, assess which branches are the strongest and develop the structure around those
- Avoid too large of cuts when trimming: if trimmed regularly you should have caught these branches when they were smaller
- Always use sharp tools in order to make clean cuts. Dull tools create tears and rips, which are both more difficult to heal and can invite disease and insects
- A pole pruner or trimmer is the best tool choice for larger trees, and it keeps you safely on the ground
- For larger trees and large cuts, it is best to always use a professional. Large, heavy branches can easily overwhelm a property owner
- Always cut branches and limbs leaving a collar - never cut right up against the trunk of the tree
In considering all these guidelines, it is always best to call a reputable professional tree service company. Doing so will prevent potentially deadly mistakes being made to your trees as well as keep you safe. As far as selecting what tree service Virginia Beach is best to trim your trees, consider the following additional qualifications we offers:
Tree Trimming Cost
Tree trimming prices generally range from $200 to approximately $1,000 according to four variables:
- Tree Size - the larger the tree, the more expensive it will be to trim. This is because more trimming is usually required, which results in more labor to remove and dispose of the trimmed material.
- Tree Location - a tree near structures, such as homes or power lines, will require more effort to protect those structures. It may also require additional equipment, such as a bucket truck.
- Tree Species - some trees are a bit more challenging to trim due to their growth patters. For example, multiple trunked species take a bit more effort to trim as they often lean and precautions need to be taken to trim them safely
- Extent of Tree Trimming Needed - an severely overgrown tree will take more time and effort to trim vs. one that has been regularly trimmed.